Forum Index Search Usergroups Edit your profile Members Login, Check Messages

Arcade Ranks Staff Statistics Board Rules Forum FAQ Log in

Search for at
wwwtieronegaming.com Advanced Search
Nike Supports dopers

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    wwwtieronegaming.com Forum Index  » Other Sport
View previous topic :: View next topic  

england.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:33 am Post subject: No icon Nike Supports dopers Reply with quote
Nike continue to undermine WADA by supporting known Dopers after it has been proved that  they have  been proven to taken performance enhancing substances. Most high profile case Lance Armstrong.
Now Sharapova
Nike have just made a Statement saying they will continue to support Sharapova regardless of the fact that she has been taking Meldonium

Maria Sharapova, former world number one tennis player, failed a drug test for Meldonium on January 26, 2016. Meldonium (also known as Mildronate) is manufactured in Latvia and used in the treatment of certain heart conditions. It works by dilating blood vessels and increasing blood flow, which in turn improves exercise capacity, physical and mental endurance, and also brain function.

Meldonium

was on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) list of drugs being monitored until September 2015, when it was added to the list of banned substances, effective January 1, 2016.

Maria Sharapova had been taking Meldonium since 2006. Her family doctor had prescribed it for her irregular EKGs, magnesium deficiency, and a family history of diabetes. Sharapova claims she was unaware Meldonium had been added to the WADA list of banned substances until receipt of a letter from the International Tennis Federation informing her of a failed drug test during the 2016 Australian Open.

27 Russian athletes have been found to use  Meldonium..and I'm sure they are not the only country  to do so. I'm not here to bash the Russians I just dislike cheating from whoever may be doing it.

You cannot tell me that all these top class athletes have a heart condition that requires them to take this drug.. what bollocks.

Nike are the enablers though. They seem to think its ok to cheat.. I haven't bought a product from Nike since the Armstrong debacle. Their stance on Sharapova reinforces the point. I don't want my children wearing anything that Nike make either. What sort of example does it set to condone doping. The only thing Nike care about is money. So the only way to protest their policy is to boycott them. Obviously my  minute financial input makes no difference to Nike what so ever, but... If enough people took  a stand they would change there opinion the minute they saw a financial impact.  Because they don't give a shit about  Sharapova as a person they are  just protecting the huge financial investment they made in her.

WELL DONE TO PORSCHE AND TAG HEUER
for distancing themselves from SHARAPOVA

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view wwwtieronegaming.com Forum Index  »  Other Sport Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: